Facebook temporarily eliminated the event of the mass ‘take’ of Area 51, planned for September and in which more than 2 million people intend to participate, alleging that it violates the rules of the social network, local media reported Tuesday .
The authors of this ‘operation’, which seems like a large-scale joke, claim to have the objective of “seeing the aliens” that would be found in that base located in Nevada (USA). His plan is to meet “at the Area 51 Extraterrestrial Center tourist attraction” and coordinate his entry to the race because, in that way, they will move “faster than their bullets.”
Participants discuss ‘attack’ plans, publish memes, joke about how quickly the military could stop the assault or suggest what food to serve and what bands they should play for attendees. At the moment, more than 2 million users have confirmed their attendance, while about 1.5 million have expressed interest. Even an adult entertainment company promised to send a dozen dancers to the promoted raid.
Famous people such as actors Keanu Reeves and Chuck Norris or the founder of Tesla Motors, Elon Musk, have shown interest in the event. For its part, the creator of the initiative, the American Matty Roberts, said he fears that the FBI agents will pay him a visit.
In fact, last month the US Armed Forces They said they are aware of the initiative and advised against Internet users to try to bring their plans to reality. “The US Air Force is always ready to protect the United States and its assets,” said Laura McAndrews, a spokesman for the US Army.
Area 51 is one of the most secret places in the world, where the US Secretly test some of their most advanced weapons. Since the late seventies of the last century the place attracts many fans of conspiracy theories and UFOs in a special way.