This Saturday, May 26, two of the best clubs in the world, Real Madrid in Spain and Liverpool in England will face each other in the city of Kiev, Ukraine, to play the final of the UEFA Champions League. Football is celebrating.
And whether you have not missed a single meeting, or that is now when you are interested in this event, we present a summary that experts have made the Mexican portal Expansion with the data you must know to enjoy the meeting.
1.-Of the UEFA Champions League
- 350 million spectators will be watching the UEFA Champions League final.
- Between 70 and 450 euros cost the tickets for the Olympic Stadium in Kiev.
- Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid (15 goals), Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah (both with 10) and Sadio Mane (9), the three of Liverpool, are the top scorers of the current season.
- The 1955-56 season played for the first time the UEFA European Champion Clubs Cup; the 1992-93 season changed the format of competition and was called the Champions League of Europe (UEFA Champions League).
- With 73.5 centimeters and weighing 7.5 kilograms, the current Champions trophy (the orejona) was designed and made in Bern, Switzerland, by Hans Bengerter.
2.- Of the equipment
- 962.50 million euros is the total value of the Merengue team.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (120 million euros), Toni Kroos (80 million euros) and Marco Asensio and Isco (both with 75 million euros) are the most valuable players in Madrid.
- Adidas is the brand that dresses Real Madrid.
- Fly Emirates, airline of the group The Emirates Group that belongs to the government of Dubai, is the main sponsor of the club.
- Real Madrid seeks to be the fourth team to win three or more consecutive titles: Real Madrid (1955 to 1960),
- Ajax of the Netherlands (1970 to 1973) and Bayern of Germany (1973 to 1976).
- 548.5 million euros is the total value of the club.
- Mohamed Salah (80 million euros), Sadio Mené (60 million) and Toberto Firmino and Virgil van dijk (both with 50 million) are the most expensive players in the squad.
- In the 1980-81 season, Liverpool beat Real Madrid (1-0) in the final of the European Cup.
- New Balance is the brand that you saw the team.
- The Standard Chartered bank is the main sponsor of the Reds. It has presence in the five continents, mainly in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
3.- Del país sede
- 3.2% is the annual GDP growth in Ukraine.
- 11.0% is the country’s inflation.
- 42.4 million inhabitants have.
- Ukrainian is the official language; Russian is also spoken.
- Mexico is the second commercial partner of Ukraine in Latin America. Steel, iron, cereals, automobiles and electric machines are the products that trade most among them.
4.- Del Estadio
- The football field of the Olympic Stadium (NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium) was inaugurated on August 12, 1923; the building was originally built for the second Ukrainian (Spartakiad) games.
- It was inaugurated with the name of Red Stadium in honor of Leon Trotski, who inaugurated the first Olympic Games of the region in Kiev.
- In 1980 it was remodeled for the Moscow 1980 Olympic Games.
- In 2012 it was rebuilt for UEFA EURO.
- More than 70,000 people will be in the UEFA Champions League final.
5.- Other information of interest
- Some of the main sponsors of the UEFA Champions League are Nissan, PS4, MasterCard, Lay’s (Pepsico), Uni Credit, Gas Prom, Heineken and Adidas.
- If Real Madrid wins the final, Madrid will become the second city to win, the same season two UEFA competitions, emulating Milan, when Milan and Inter Milan in 1994 when they won the Champions League and the Cup of UEFA, respectively; as Atlético de Madrid won the UEFA Europa League on May 16.
- With 12 Champions, 2 UEFA Europa League and 4 UEFA Super Cups and a total of 18 titles, Real Madrid is the most successful team in UEFA; four more than their pursuers: Milan and Barcelona, both with 14 titles.
- With 171 Champions League games, goalkeeper Iker Casillas has the historic record of matches played.
- 121 goals is the mark of more annotations in the Champions and is in the power of Cristiano Ronaldo.