Skin rashes, also known as “rashes”, are a condition that inflames the skin, develop raised patches and produce a sensation of itching or burning. They are not contagious and usually appear in the summer months or intense heat, which is combined with fat, bacteria, dust or dry skin, resulting in a thick substance that clogs the sweat glands. The medical term is “miliaria”.
Better with Health shares some natural remedies to treat the skin rash:
1. Take a dip bath with a few tablespoons of baking soda or oatmeal. You have to submerge the affected area for about an hour. Both elements act directly on the skin and relieve the symptoms of the rash, such as itching and inflammation.
2. Make an infusion of calendula, an excellent remedy for dermatitis, burns, eczema, rashes and hives. Apply using a gauze soaked in the affected area.
3. Perform an infusion of chamomile and imbibe a cotton once it has cooled a little. It serves to clean the affected area and also to calm the symptoms.
4. Apply the pulp of an aloe vera stem directly on the rash to relieve redness and prevent dryness of the skin.
5. Chop a cucumber into small pieces and place in the blender or processor. Mix until making a paste and apply on the skin. Wrap with fabric and let it act a full day. This vegetable is an excellent anti-inflammatory.